Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things To Remember

Right now Trevor, who will be 5 in September, is big into what he and his dad can beat up. Now, he's not actually going out and beating things up but everyday we are reminded of what he can beat up and the fact that his dad is stronger than him. It's quite funny at times. We'll be having a discussion and all of the sudden Trevor will say " I can beat up a dog." Or, "My dad can beat up a goblin, dog, lion, etc." However, beating up a goblin is no big deal because even Travis (his younger brother) can beat up a goblin. Also, we are often reminded of how strong Samson is/was. But, "my dad can beat up Samson." He's so sweet.
As for Travis, he will be 2 in September and is at my absolute favorite age. He is really starting to communicate and is even putting words together.
Some of his fave phrases are: "Nilk, more nilk."
"Ride lawnmower."
"Ride truck."
He's also learning to put the -ing on words and it is so sweet. For example, this afternoon it was raining and he heard us talking about it and he said "Raining now." I just wish you could hear his sweet, little voice. Brian and I are getting a new camera this weekend and hopefully there will be pictures and videos on this blog before too long!
I just love seeing him get all excited about new things. I also love this age because they smile so much. All I have to do is smile at Travis and he smiles back. And they get excited over the smallest of things. It's great.
Both boys love music and the favorite songs right now are:

  1. "We Won't Be Quiet" David Crowder Band
  2. "Divin' In" Steven Curtis Chapman
  3. "Free At Last" DC Talk
  4. "Jesus Is Just Alright" DC Talk
  5. "Enough" Barlow Girl

I am so grateful all these songs are about Jesus. I pray they will always prefer music that honors and worships the one, true God. I'm also grateful Trevor's standard for human strength is Samson. I've been in church since I was a baby and it was one of the greatest gifts my mother ever gave me (Thanks, Mom :)). God has always had His Hand on me and I pray my boys will realize He's also got His hand on them. It took me a while to realize this and accepting it has changed my life.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD." Jeremiah 29:11-14a NIV

And He made from one [origin, one source, one blood] all nations of men to settle on the face of the earth, having definitely determined [their] allotted periods of time and the fixed boundaries of their habitation (their settlements, lands, and abodes), So that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after Him and find Him, although He is not far from each one of us.
For in Him we live and move and have our being; as even some of your [own] poets have said, For we are also His offspring. Acts 17:26-28 Amplified

No comments: